May 12, 2016

Oh No She Didn't! Review of Girl Last Seen by

Title: Girl Last Seen
Author: Heather Anastasiu and Anne Greenwood Brown

Kadence Mulligan's star was rising. She and her best friend, Lauren DeSanto, watched their songs go viral on YouTube, then she launched a solo career when a nasty throat infection paralyzed Lauren's vocal chords. Everyone knows Lauren and Kadence had a major falling-out over Kady's boyfriend. But Lauren knows how deceptive Kadence could be sometimes. And nobody believes Lauren when she claims she had nothing to do with the disappearance. Or the blood evidence As the town and local media condemns Lauren, she realizes the only way to clear her name is to discover the truth herself. Lauren slowly unravels the twisted life of Kadence Mulligan and sees that there was more to her than she ever knew. But will she realize she's unknowingly playing a part in an elaborate game to cover up a crime before it's too late?"



I love books what keep me guessing as a mystery is being solved.  And I love when I never know who I can fully trust.  Girl Last Seen gave me both of those!  In the search for what happened to Kadence leads are created, destroyed, and news once found.  Each time I thought - I got it! I know what's going to happen.  And each time I was wrong! And trust me this went on right up until the very end of the story! Ok, so I had a tish figured out here and there, but I never fully trusted that I did.

I do have to tell you - I really really really did not like Kadence! She was (in my mind) not a nice person.  You find out so much about her as Lauren digs to find out what happened.  People from both girls' past share their experiences and often times I was left thinking "Wow!".  Now of course as Lauren digs, you begin to question what you know - or thought you knew.  Are you right?  Can you trust this person or that?   That's the type of book that I love because I want to keep reading to see if I'm right - to see what turn it will take next! And with that Girl Last Seen did not disappoint.

I don't want to say much more in fear of giving anything away! So in the end - if you like a good mystery check this one out.  It may keep you guessing as much as it did me! 




Copy Obtained: From publisher for honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment