April 18, 2016

The Day My Sons Met Jeff Kinney

This past weekend my sons were able to meet the author of the books they have both read over and over and over and over and over.  
I'm talking about The Diary of  a Wimpy Kid books by Jeff Kinney.  
Honestly I think they've read each book like 10 times!

Well Jeff Kinney came to a bookstore near us, and we were lucky enough to get a ticket.  They were only allowing 300 people in because he was only there for an hour.  You had to get "tickets".  When I got the email I signed up right away which was good because they were gone fast! 

Saturday morning we got up and headed out.  
My youngest wasn't so sure I knew what I was doing when there was a road closure and I had to ignore GPS and wind around, but we found the place!

Here they are waiting in line.

Now for the signing.  


He liked my son's shirt and was surprised that his book was already signed.  I had given him a signed copy I found for Christmas.  He wanted Jeff to sign it in person too!


Picture of all three
My 8 yr old didn't quite know what to do for the picture


It was a whirlwind because he was on a time frame, but he was very nice and chatted with them as he signed.  

Thanks Wild Rumpus for hosting this event!




No comments:

Post a Comment