February 20, 2015

First Line Friday: The Eleventh Plague

I thought I'd start and end my week with simple posts. Monday is Snap Shot Monday showing the cover. And we'll end the week with First Line Friday.

In this I'll just share the first line in any book near me. It could be the book I'm currently reading, a book I've finished or a book I haven't read before. 

Today's Book: The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
"I was sitting at the edge of the clearing, trying not to stare at the body on the ground in front of me."

Sounds very interesting!! I've wanted to read this book but just haven't yet.  Have you read it?  
Share a first line from a book near you - either on your blog and link back or in the comments.  

3 comments:

  1. Great first line, especially when it's paired with that cover. Makes me think zombies, although I see it's during the aftermath of a war and plague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Looking back, I should have known Playa Hermosa was the beginning of the end." from Lies I Told by Michelle Zink. Terrific YA novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "On the morning of its first birthday, a baby was found floating in a cello case in the middle of the English Channel." From Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell. I've owned this book for at least a year, compelled by the story and writing. I think I read the first chapter. Can't remember, but I bought it the same day. I've yet the time to read it (as well as so many other books!) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete