June 10, 2014

Review: Ten


Ten
Ten by Gretchen McNeil

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Growing up I LOVED mysteries - real honest mysteries. This book fell right into that genre! What I liked most is that it kept me guessing right up until the very end. I would think I had something figured out and then BAM it wouldn't be right! Or it would be right but there would be a twisted added on to it as well! Perfect :) Also I grew up on the Freddy Krueger and Jason movies - that creep factor. I thought this book had that as well. There were points where, just like when I watched the movies, I was yell "Don't go out there!!!". It was fun to have a throw back, at least in my mind, to those types of movies.

As far as the characters go - liked them all and hated them all but as was intended. Ones I trusted. Ones I didn't. But yet I was never sure I had them figured out right. I found them pretty much realistic and believable. Meg was great. I liked that she was smart and resilient. Made me like her even more.

In the end it was a great fun creepy read. Glad I picked it up! If you like "who done its" I suggest you give it a try.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment