February 7, 2014

I Am Grateful For: The Templeton Twins Have an Idea

The Templeton Twins Have an Idea
Ellis Weiner

I'm grateful for this book because it's a great read aloud to my 5th graders! They laugh.  I laugh.  What could be better!!

Suppose there were 12-year-old twins, a boy and girl named John and Abigail Templeton. Let's say John was pragmatic and played the drums, and Abigail was theoretical and solved cryptic crosswords. Now suppose their father was a brilliant, if sometimes confused, inventor. And suppose that another set of twins-adults-named Dean D. Dean and Dan D. Dean, kidnapped the Templeton twins and their ridiculous dog in order to get their father to turn over one of his genius (sort of) inventions. Yes, I said kidnapped. Wouldn't it be fun to read about that? Oh please. It would so. Luckily for you, this is just the first in a series perfect for boys and girls who are smart, clever, and funny (just like the twins), and enjoy reading adventurous stories (who doesn't? ).

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great deal of fun. I will definitely be checking these out. Thanks for telling me about them.

    ReplyDelete