May 24, 2012

7's UP Guest Review: My Favorite Mistake


Today I have a review from one of my great students! 

She is reviewing

My Favorite Mistake by Georgina Bloomberg

What I love is that she rides horse, so reviewing this book was perfect for her.  

Title: My Favorite Mistake
Author: My Favorite Mistake
Publisher: Bloomsbury

Tommi, Zara, and Kate are all elite riders on the A Circuit. Tommi, the billionaire heiress, is training a young horse to prove she can make horses a real career. But when her new beau, Alex, convinces her to skip a horse show to party in the Hamptons, the results could be disastrous. Zara, the celebutante wild child, is finally taking her riding seriously. Until the new "nanny" her dad hires threatens to upstage Zara's party girl status. Then there's Kate. She doesn't have money to burn like the others, but she does have Fitz, the barn's resident hot guy. But when the pressure of being a working student builds, Kate's perfectionist tendencies threaten to get in the way of her relationship and her riding.
Readers who are growing out of the Canterwood Crest series or searching for an A-list fix have found just what they're looking for in the A Circuit series.
Take it away Miss K!

Why did you decide to pick up this book and read it?
I read the first book and loved it and when my teacher said she had been asked to review it I offered to do it for her.

What part did you like the best and why?
The part I like best is really when ever Fitz around and adding commentary, because Fitz just doesn't have any care and is just funny to listen to.

Did you like the book? Please explain why you liked it or not.
I really liked this book. I liked i a lot because it was fun to read and the characters are really fun, and realistic. I also like how the story was set up, it was new a different from other pieces I've read, especially books with horses as their focus.

Tell me what you thought of the main character(s). Did you like him/her/them? Did you like how they acted/reacted to events in the story?
There's three main characters Tommi, Zara, and Kate. I actually like all three which is odd because main characters that are girls tend to get on my nerves because they whine a lot and a really needy. But all three are fun to read about and very rarely make really stupid decisions.

Would you recommend this book to a friend?
I would recommend this book to friend because even though they don't ride the book dose a nice job explaining what they mean when they use riding terms others may not be familiar with. Also its a fun read, with good humor in it.

Tell me anything else about the book and your opinion of it that you want to share!
Loved the book soooo much!!!

I love what she has to say about actually liking all three main girl characters.  Miss K comes in my classroom to talk books a lot, and I know whiny, weak, indecisive girl characters.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun review. That's awesome you got one of your students to review the book and I like the set up of asking them questions. My mom reviewed a book for me recently and I finished her review with a few questions too, as I figured it would help people understand some things more.

    That's great she liked all the characters though. I understand how annoying girl characters can get!!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably not a book I would read, but I love that you have your students read and review. My son occasionally reviews/interviews on my blog. He loves it!

    ReplyDelete