April 16, 2012

Cover Crush: Split


I love book covers.  Love love love them! I've been known to drag my sister around Barnes and Noble and show her all the covers I like. I'll hunt down certain students in the morning because I know they'll love a cover as much as me.  I really think I develop a crush on certain covers!

Today I'm crushing on:


by Swati Avasthi

This must be the paperback cover for Split.  I absolutely love it.  You can almost feel the sadness or desperation I want to say coming off of this boy! 
So simple yet so perfect.  Then the tag is added:
"Somet things you can't just walk away from"
Love it all!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I agree. The sadness really translates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and perfect and perfect...totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. This cover grabbed me before I even read your post. I think there are a lot of covers out there now (especially in YA)that are very similar and don't really say anything about the story itself. But this one stands out. Says "I have a story to tell." I love covers too. Not just how they look, but also how they feel. Texture, gloss, and embossing all make a cover special. Have you seen Starters yet? I love that metallic cover.

    ReplyDelete