March 1, 2012

WELCOME TO THE MARCH OF MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS!!!!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! 
Today kicks off a month celebration of middle grade books!!! 
I'm very excited for this month.  I love MG books. 
 Of course I love YA too, but MG holds a special place in my heart. 
Because of this I wanted to share my excitement for MG books with all of you.  

What will you see this month?
Authors! with guest posts and giveaways
Authors! with interviews
Guest posts from other bloggers that love MG books
Reviews by middle graders (my students!)
Highlights of other blogs that love MG books too

Help spread the news!
No extra entries but I'd love if you'd share about this on Twitter (use #marchofmiddlegrade), FB, your blog etc.

Now part of the point of this celebration is to get more people loving and reading MG too.  
Here's a way to encourage you! 
 A GIVEAWAY!

For every book you review this month and link below you'll be entered in a giveaway for some great middle grade books. IF YOU DON'T BLOG you can link to a review on Amazon, BN, Goodreads etc.

What books? These!
Small Medium at Large by Joanne Levy
What the Dog Said by Randi Reisfeld with HB Gilmour
Dragonborn by Toby Forward
The Friendship Matchmaker Randa Abdel-Fattah
The Humming Room Ellen Potter
Ordinary Magic by Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
Villain School by Stephanie S. Sanders
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again by Frank Cottrell Boyce
Above World by Jenn Reese
See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles
Eye of the Storm by Kate Messner

Rules
Must be at least 13
US residents only (sorry guys but cash is tight)
Must be posted in the  month of March - can't be old reviews
Ends April 4th at midnight.

There will be three winners.
Winner 1 gets the choice of 3 books
Winner 2 gets the choice of 2 books
Winner 3 gets the choice of 1 book

16 comments:

  1. Awesome Jill. So glad you're doing this. I'll shout out about this on Monday on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted about MG March Madness a little bit ago :) Super excited for all of the madness to begin! And I have a feeling that that linky list is going to get crazy long... Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! I want to win Small Medium at Large. That one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't resist MG books. They are my favorites! Thanks for generating the excitement and sharing the lOvE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO HOO! Or should I say WOO HOOT! (I couldn't resist).

    Thanks so much for shining the spotlight on MG, and including SMALL MEDIUM AT LARGE, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!! I'm so excited for this!!

    But can you delete my link, the third one. I did not read the directions carefully until now. The link posted is one of my goodreads account, not a review. If you could remove it, thanks so much. Sorry for this inconvenience.

    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be great!! Just dawned on me I can blog more MG (and not just on Mondays). Thanks for organizing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting! I came here from Katie DeKoster's website and am going to be following now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so very glad you're doing this event - it has made me get active about MG books, and I've found that I LOVE THEM. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I blog the occasional YA book, but my main emphasis is ALWAYS middle grade. I'll definitely give you a shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have shared your blog site with my 6th grade readers who blog only about books they are reading. CJ just reviewed another book, so I added his link in your March of Middle Grade Books. Hopefully more will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm finding about this a bit late, but I'm linking the MG that I featured on my blog in March so far.
    I hope you do this again next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just discovered this round up! Can't wait to participate again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for March of Middle Grade. Anything I can to do help, I will! Happy Holidays to you, your family and your mg readers!

    ReplyDelete