July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wed: Darth Paper Strikes Back!!!!!

Darth Paper Strikes Back: An Origami Yoda BookThis is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.

I'm Waiting On:

Darth Paper Strikes Back
by Tom Angleberger
Release: August 1

Why I'm Waiting

I loved Origami Yoda - even read it aloud to my students. It was such a great book and fun!  (You can read my review HERE)  When I told them there was another book, they were very excited because they wanted to know more about what might happen.  I love how Tom Angleberger writes - his characters sound like real kids.  So I can't wait!!!

Summary
The hilarious, clever, and much-anticipated follow-up to the breakout hit, The Strange Case of Origami Yoda!

It is a dark time at Ralph McQuarrie Middle School. After suffering several Origami Yoda–related humiliations, Harvey manages to get Dwight suspended from school for being a “troublemaker.” Origami Yoda pleads with Tommy and Kellen to save Dwight by making a new case file—one that will show how Dwight’s presence benefits McQuarrie. With the help of their friends, Tommy and Kellen record cases such as “Origami Yoda and the Pre-eaten Wiener,” “Origami Yoda and the Exploding Pizza Bagels,” and “Origami Yoda and Wonderland: The Musical.” But Harvey and his Darth Paper puppet have a secret plan that could make Dwight’s suspension permanent . . .

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read. Thanks for sharing about it. And good idea to let us know about books we might not have heard about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How fun does this sound! I will have to get a copy for my classroom library. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Origami Yoda, even with your stellar recommendation. I need to check it (and this sequel) out soon! Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete