February 22, 2011

Student Review: Leap Day by Wendy Mass

Title: Leap Day
Author: Wendy Mass

From Goodreads
Soon-to-be-sixteen Josie Taylor was born on Leap Day, February 29, and now it's her "fourth" birthday. Like any average teenager, sometimes she wonders what other people are thinking, but today it's the reader who gets to find out, by "leaping" into the minds and viewpoints of Josie and everyone around her. Birthday surprises, school play auditions, her driver's test, a scavenger hunt, and the all-important sweet-sixteen initiation at the lake -- these are the things that define Josie Taylor today. But what define her tomorrow and in the days to come are the people who touch her life at every moment. A fascinating, at times astonishing, new novel, Leap Day is full of everyday imaginations and truths in the life and future of one "everygirl" teenager.
Student Review
I was so glad my one of my friends told me about this book.  I never noticed it before, but I LOVED it! It would be more for girls who like books that are realistic fiction.  I love that it is easy to understand and easy to relate to. It is about a 16 year old girl Josie. Who is born on a leap day and is going through the day of her 16th birthday, her friends are doing something special for her party and she doesn’t know anything about it! She has a rather protective older brother but she doesn’t think he is very protective.
Dislikes- nothing really it was a really good book!
Main characters- Josie, Megan, Ron, Katy,

My notes
This is one book by Wendy Mass I haven't read yet, but I will soon.  I have loved all the books I've read by her, and from what I understand this one is great too (my student reviewer definitely agreed!). 

A word of warning - from what I understand this book is laid out kind of different, so it takes a bit to get use to.  But once you've got it down it really adds to the story.

2 comments:

  1. I don't read much contemporary but this sounds cute. Good for the author for trying something new in the structure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any reconmendations on simmilar books?

    ReplyDelete