September 21, 2010

Tween Tuesday Dead Frog on the Porch

Tween Tuesday was started over at Green Bean Teen Queen as away to hightlight awesome books for the 9-12 year old set. AKA Tweens. Any book highlighted on Tween Tuesday does count for the In the Middle Reading Challenge.

This week I'm highlighting:

Dead Frog on the Porch
by Jan Markley

Do you know one thing I think we more of in middle grade lit - good mysteries.  Throughout the year I teach my 7th graders about different genres. When I teach the mystery, I have to dig to find a lot of them.  So I was very happy to find this book!!! A fun sounding mystery.  I have a copy of the book, so watch a review very soon.  In the meantime be sure to check out Jan Markley's website!

Summary from her website
Kids can save the world – even if it is one frog at a time.

When twin sisters Cyd and Jane are propelled into an international plot involving evil scientists and giant genetically stretched frogs, the girls are in a suspenseful and hilarious race to save the frog kingdom.
Feeling bad after she accidentally stepped on her sister’s frog, Cyd gets swept up in Jane’s search for an answer to the mystery of the giant frogs. But first the twins must out-maneuver disbelieving police and their scientist mom who sides with the geneticists. Cyd and Jane use the Internet, a serum antidote, and good old-fashioned sleuthing to expose harm to the frog kingdom. In the process they discover the link between frogs, the environment and humanity. But will they catch the culprits or will giant frogs take over their city?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the title of this one. How funny that I did a Tween Tuesday mystery book today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think my son would love this one!! Thanks for the review! :-)

    ReplyDelete