September 3, 2010

Some New Book Trailers for Your Friday

I thought I'd share a few new book trailers with you today.  I love book trailers.  At work I do "Trailer Tuesday" with my students.  I've found that I'll hook some of the kids with a book talk, but I'll hook even more if  show them a well done trailer.  Anything that gets my students interested in reading is a-ok in my book :)

The first is for the the book Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.
This book sounds fantastic, and I love that the author was first published at 14.  My students will think that's the coolest thing. This will be one of the first trailers I show this year.



 
The second is for the book Radiance by Alyson Noel.
I've had several students read her Immortal series, so I know they'll be excited for this one.

Here is a bit about Radiance
Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .

2 comments: