December 31, 2009

Thinking on Thursday Dec 31 - Top 10 Books Read This Year


My Top Ten Books of the Year


These are the top ten books I read this year. They aren’t books that came out this year – just books that I read. They aren't in any order.  For each book I’ll give a 1-2 sentence “capture” of my thoughts about it.  If I reviewed to spotlighted the book, I'll link to it.

1. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead: The gasp I gave when everything clicked into place. Amazingly crafted.

2. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Never again with I take for granted having running water. Stuck with me for weeks.


3. The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Body shopping to survive in New York.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: As good as everyone said it was!

5. Midnighter Series by Scott Westerfeld: So he can write books just as good as, if not better than, the Uglies series.

6. Savvy by Ingred Law: Tattoos that talk and watching a young girl grow up – just lovely

7. Vladimir Tod Series: A vampire that isn’t perfect or drop dead gorgous. Finally one I can really cheer for!

8. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech: I knew I’d cry for one event. The second one really got me!


9. The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt: Shakespeare as seen through the eyes of a 12 year old – laughed and cried.

10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan: One thing after another - barely time to breath

5 comments:

  1. Love love love your list. I need to read the ones you consider better then Hunger Games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of books. I have to add a few of them to my TBR pile. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I haven't read THE WEDNESDAY WARS or SAVVY. LOVE all the others though. Especially Vlad!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about Life As We Knew It. I read it recently and then we lost power for about a day and a half. I was thinking about storming the supermarket for supplies and trying desperately to conserve batteries. Sounds slightly neurotic, but that book definitely left an impression on me!

    ReplyDelete