December 24, 2009

Holiday Break Reading Challenge Activity #7

Before I get to it I want to update what I've read so far.  Since I just started break yesterday I haven't read a lot yet but here they are:

The Dark Divine by Bree Dispain
Lockdown by Walter Dean Myers

Now the challenge

Best and Worst Book-to-Movie Adaptations



This Activity is completely and totally based on your opinion.
1 - You need to choose the BEST Book-to-Movie Adaptation you've seen and the WORST Book-to-Movie Adaptation you've seen.
2 - Post the pictures of the book cover next to the movie poster for each pair.
3 - Use Mr. Linky to link your post to the Holiday Break Reading Challenge Blog.

I actually had an easy time with this one! :)

Best
Because of Winn Dixie





















Worse!!!!!!
City of Ember



3 comments:

  1. City of Ember, again? This makes me sad. I thought the movie was pretty dang good, well, except for the water CG near the end. And this book is great, but the second was so bad that I never gave the rest of the series a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE too and couldn't stand the CITY OF EMBER movie. Plus, congrats about reading 2 books already - even though your break only started yesterday! Very impressive. I haven't even finished one yet. I'm jealous. Thanks for posting.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched either of the movies, but I've read both books. I loved Because of Winn-Dixie so I'm glad you thought the movie was good, though I'm sort of dissapointed with City of Ember. It seemed like the kind of book that had the potential to be a good movie.

    ReplyDelete