November 16, 2009

New Book Monday Otherworldly Style

Every Monday I highlight books being published this week. I try, whenever possible, to focus on one young adult and one middle grade book. I also briefy share what "new" book I've started reading this week. This week only one book really fits my otherworldly theme this week.

Shadowland (The Immortals Book 3)
By Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Released: November 17

I haven't read this series yet, but I just won the first book, Evermore, from a give-away on Goodreads.  It sounds pretty interesting. 

Otherworldly Creature: In the first book the main character develops otherworldly characteristics after her family dies. 

From Goodreads:
At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul.

Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . . .

This week I'll be starting the book Spellbinder by Helen Stringer.  It's about a young girl that can see ghosts and then all of a sudden they all disappear.  She knows something isn't right, so sets out to find out what happened.  Click here to be taken to the Goodread page on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment