September 14, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

Book Blogger Appreciation was started by Amy Riley of My Friend Amy in an effort to recognize the hard work and contribution of book bloggers to the promotion and preservation of a literate culture actively engaged in discussing books, authors, and a lifestyle of reading.


The first Book Blogger Appreciation was observed in the fall of 2008 and occurs every September. The week spotlights and celebrates the work of active book bloggers through guest posts, awards, giveaways, and community activities. Book Bloggers are encouraged to register their participation for inclusion in a database of book bloggers.


I'm excited to be able to be a part of BBAW this year.  Just think, a few short months ago I didn't even know there was such a week.  Be sure to check out the BBAW website for all the events happening. Here's what you can find:
  • Winning blogs
  • Contests and give-aways
  • Directory of blogs participating
  • How and where to buy BBAW gear
  • Calendar of events across the blogging community
I'm amazed at how helpful my fellow bloggers have been.  Here are a few I've looked to for help and inspiration

Korianne at Korianne Speaks
Juju from Tales of Whimsy
McKenzie  at The Book Owl
Thanks to everyone! Now go enjoy the events :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetie. This is sooo nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about BBAW too! And thanks for the mention. I do enjoy your blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete