August 26, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Ghost in the Machine (Skeleton Creek Series) by Patrick Carman
Summary from Barnes and Noble
Strange things are happening in Skeleton Creek...and Ryan and Sarah are trying to find out why. Ryan writes down everything in his journal, and Sarah records everything on her videocam. The two move deeper into the mystery they've uncovered, determined to discover the secrets buried in Skeleton Creek, in the conclusion to Patrick Carman's thrilling series.
In this groundbreaking format, the story is broken into two parts -- Ryan's text in the book, and Sarah's videos on a special website, with links and passwords given throughout the book.

I've read the first book in the series - Skeleton Creek - and did both the reading and the videos.  It was a neat way to read a book.  I had downloaded the videos onto my iPod as podcasts, so it was easy to watch.  The first book left off in a HUGE cliffhanger, so I really need to know what happened. 

Released October 1st.  Click here for the Barnes and Noble listing.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter, who is starting 6th grade, just started reading the first one and I might have to read it after her =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really neat! I might have to try the first one...

    I've never heard of a book in two formats like that, and I'm super intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.: I love your blog title and design. So cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Template-Mama made the design. My family is about done with me an owls tho :) I've been buying a bunch to put in my classroom to tie my blog and classroom together.

    ReplyDelete