August 28, 2009

Book Blogger Appriciation Week

Book Blogger Appreciation week will be September 14-18

Book Blogger Appreciation was started by Amy Riley of My Friend Amy in an effort to recognize the hard work and contribution of book bloggers to the promotion and preservation of a literate culture actively engaged in discussing books, authors, and a lifestyle of reading.
The first Book Blogger Appreciation was observed in the fall of 2008 and occurs every September. The week spotlights and celebrates the work of active book bloggers through guest posts, awards, giveaways, and community activities. Book Bloggers are encouraged to register their participation for inclusion in a database of book bloggers.

I'm a new blogger so here's some things about me!


1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?

There has been several.  One has been finding this wonderful community of fellow readers and bloggers.  They are an amazing wealth of knowledge and excitement about books.  I have found so many new books to read, and fantastic resources to use!  I'm a 7th grade English teacher, so both of these are needed for my job.

The other highlight has been connecting with authors.  That has been fun and exciting.  It amazes me how kind and open some authors can be - willing to connect with readers on a personal level. I know they are busy, but still they'll take a minute to respond.  I'm so excited to be able to bring these contacts back to my students and use them to motivate their reading!

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

The following bloggers have either helped me with all my questions or just have fantastic blogs that I aspire to be like!  Thanks!!

Bookworming in the 21st Century
Chick Lit Teens
WORD for Teens
Korianne Speaks
The Story Siren

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

I'd like to know what was the best thing you learned from participating in BBAW?

Make sure to go to the BBAW website for more bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment